Share your experiences of Parkinson’s UK support

Hello everyone, :wave:t5:

We are keen to hear your experiences of the support you have received from Parkinson’s UK. Have you recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s, or do you care for someone who has? We want to know if you have felt supported as a result of reaching out to the forum, our helpline, or received our expert health information, and the difference this has made to you.

If you would like to share your story and experiences, it may involve a call with Emma, our Stories Manager, to find out more. This would also be a chance for us to tell you about the different ways Parkinson’s UK shares stories - always with your agreement and approval. :blue_heart:

If this is something you would be interested in taking part in or would like to find out more please contact [email protected] and Emma will be in touch.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Admin :blush:

I emailed my worries about my husband
It sort of told me what I already knew I needed more help to help my husband. I was told I could phone but I don’t want him listening he’s having hallucinations our own Parkinson’s nurse tries to help with his medications but have to wait some time for appointments with consultant I have spinal cord injury can’t walk so I’m not a lot of help
He agreed for some time that he see the people ! But now argues with me that they are there. I say I know you can see them but I can’t. It’s difficult when he sees them certain places I can’t see as I’m in a hospital bed . I have carers. And family. But ……married 52 years always mates but not so much at times these days. Our life changed 14 months ago with my sci and my husband’s Parkinson’s deteriorated I think owing to the stress. He was getting along fine for 8 years. Then after my sci he his walking went down he walks very slowly stiff and bent over plus the hallucinations. The patches don’t much. :pensive:

Hi @terence, :wave:t4:

My heart goes out to you and your husband. Watching his health deteriorate cannot be easy and the hallucinations must be really distressing for him.

Please continue to stay in communication with us so that we can provide you with the help you need. As always, our helpline advisers are here to support you and your husband so do give us a call whenever you need to on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah