Sinamet

Will re-taking Sinamet improve wrist tremors? Since coming off it 6 weeks ago my wife has noticed it has got worse. She is right of course but I don’t want to admit it.

Hi Fil,
We found some information on tremors and Sinamet on our website here, and we would encourage you to call our helpline at 0808 800 0303, as our advisers can offer advice on prescription side effects, among many other forms of assistance. And of course, as always, we recommend you discuss any changes with your GP and Parkinson’s team.
Best wishes,
Jason
Mod Team

Hi fil i take sinemet for my tremor i don’t get no relief from tremor but saying that my tremor isn’t that bad go with your heart in taking meds only you know your body do wot is right for you and take notes over the coming weeks ,i was on 4 sinemet a day reduced to 2 a day due to parkinsons nurse idea take care

Hi @Fil . I take 5 sinemet a day and they pretty well completely eliminate the tremors in my left hand and left leg but I know this isn’t always the case for some other people.

I went for the first two years after diagnosis with only rasagiline but by then the tremors were sufficiently bad that they were making my life miserable. The sinemet has massively improved my quality of life.

1 Like

Hi Calv.
Appols for delay and thanks for your feedback.
I am about to put myself back on Sinamet. I have been trembling more having been off it for about 6 weeks. Left forearm is worse than right but I can stop if I elevate arms above horizontal. This relief only lasts for a few minutes though. I have 2 mugs of Macha organic tea a day and take Lugol’s iodine 2 drops daily, but I am not obsessed in taking
these. I also take 2.5 ml full spectrum CBD oil daily which I find helps a lot. There is a lot always going on in my head like which jobs to finish and I make notes about making notes sometime. Despite how it sounds I do seem to eventually get everything done but at a much slower pace.
All the best.

Hi SG. Encouraging news about re-taking the Sinamet and the fact that it works for you. I am about to start another course of Sinamet Plus, 25 mg/100 mg starting with half a tablet, 3 times a day, over the next month.I have had zero help from neurology and GP. They seem to have vanished and so I am doing this myself. All the best.

1 Like

Just checked and found I had got the CBD dose wrong. I should have said 0.25 ml daily and it is medical grade.

Hi all, I’m 55 & just been diagnosed with PD stage 1 slight hand tremor. I’ve been prescribed sinimet 3 times a day.

Does anybody have any advice regarding drinking alcohol whilst taking sinimet ?

Hi @Jonny1 and welcome to the forum. As you can see, there’s a lot of discussion on Sinemet already and I’m sure our friendly members will join in to talk about Sinemet and alcohol. Your doctor or Parkinson’s nurse are the best people to answer you since they know your individual case, so do speak to them about this as soon as possible.

We have more information on this here too. Since your diagnosis is new to you, you might also find it useful to read this page.

If you have questions or need advice, you can always give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Janice

Hi jonny1 i find when i have a couple pints my hand tremor disappears for a brief time then comes back i was taking 4 sinemet a day now reduced to 2 a day you can drink alcohol but not too much lol

Hi calv,

Thanks for your response.