Sinemet plus

Hello everyone

I have over the last month found it difficult to obtain Sinemet Plus 25mgs/100mg
(Merck Sharp & Dohme ltd )

I was given ? a generic form last time at my chemist which gave me some strange sideeffects , tablet crumbled and i felt quite unwell loss of balance and not thinking so well ... it was a different packaging and was sourced from italy ? The pharmacist contacted Merck and I managed to obtain some UK tablets not many though ,they said they have a shortage of uk make .. I tried Asda pharmacy as well but they only had a limited amount again, a total of 8 tablets !!
I know over the years of reading the forum blog there has been shortage .. is anyone experiencing this in other parts of the UK at present . I live in Gloucester, its been so frustrating trying to get a small amount of |sinemet as if its been rationed !!! talk about stress , i dont think dr's or pharmacist understand what its like to be dependent on a medication , that if we didnt get we would not be able to get through the day .
sorry about rant feel better for that ! Janie
Janie,
I live in Kent and take Sinemet Plus.
The GP gives me a prescription before it is due as I have explained to him that it is difficult to get Sinemet.
Last month it took eight days to get the Sinemet from my local pharmacy.
It is frustrating.
Best Wishes,
Keith
janiegee

I don't think that your average local GP realises the differenc that a generic substitute can make to its efficacy.

Years ago, OH, who had been on Requip for a long time was changed, due to financial restrictions by the local health board, to generic Ropinirole; it was not working as well and thankfully our GP accpeted this and specified Requip on all future prescriptions and that it was not to be changed.