Sinemet shortage

Hi all,
We've received the following statement from Merck Sharpe Dohme (MSD)about Sinemet 12.5/50mg and we wanted to share it with you:

MSD currently has a limited supply of SINEMET 12.5mg/50mg in the UK due to a combination of increased customer demand and production capacity constraints which is leading to a build up of backorders.

The company is working to address these issues as quickly as possible; however, as we fill backorders and refill the supply chain, MSD may not be able to provide a consistent supply of SINEMET 12.5mg/50mg and we therefore expect short-term supply interruptions to continue until the second quarter of 2012. Minimising these supply interruptions remains a high priority for MSD.

If pharmacists are having trouble securing supplies for urgent patient need from their wholesaler, they should contact MSD customer services on 01992 462094.

Ezinda
Thanks Ezinda for taking the trouble to get info and advice.
I gave the number to our chemist and he obtained emergency supplies.
Hopefully we'll keep getting them.
GG
X
My pharmacy have been issuing the oval Quadrant produced Sinemet Plus 100/25. No issues other than the central strip on the foil packaging hinders removal of the tablets. I recently got some tablets from Merck Sharp & Dohme. Much easier to get tablets out. Been on these for four days now (20 tablets so far). It's like I'm not taking anything. I'm switching back to the ones from Quadrant and hoping for the Best. Anyone know why I'm having these problems?