Sinemet Update 15/08/19

Hello everyone :clap:

Please see the latest update from MSD on the Sinemet supply which you can find on our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/sinemet-availability. You’ll see new messaging about the supply issue and info about MSD’s preparations around Brexit.

These products are currently in stock :

• Sinemet 25mg/250mg 10x10 tablets.
  • Sinemet 12.5mg/50mg 9x10 tablets.
  • Sinemet CR 50mg/200mg 6x10 tablets.

These Sinemet products will have intermittent supply issues until October :

• Sinemet plus 10mg/100mg 10x10 tablets.

• Sinemet Plus 25mg/100mg 10x10 tablets.

• Sinemet Half CR 25mg/100mg 6x10 tablets.

If anyone is having issues getting hold of their usual Sinemet medication we’d suggest you speak to your healthcare professional about getting prescribed an alternative.

It’s also worth noting that if the new look Sinemet tablets introduced in May are not working for you and if you experience adverse event or the medication is defective, we’d encourage you to:

• Use the yellow card scheme to report it to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Authority.
    • You can email [email protected] or
    • Call freephone 0800 731 6789 (10am to 2pm Monday-Friday only).
  • Report it to MSD on 01992 467272

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that there has been an update on the Sinemet story which can be found on our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/sinemet-availability.

It contains good news in that all Sinemet products, except for Sinemet Plus 25mg/100mg 10x10 tablets are back in stock. These should be back in stock by October.

If you have any questions about the recent update please refer to the contact information above.

Best wishes,
Reah

We have no supply of Sinemet Plus 25/100mg in Pembrokeshire at the moment (unless you can find a pharmacy with some ‘old’ stock on their shelves). Boots pharmacy told me that Sinemet Plus 25/100mg tablets will not be available to order on their system until the 18th October 2019. As my back-up supply was severely depleted following previous shortages of Sinemet, I started to get a bit concerned because I was going to run out way before then. The pharmacist there was very helpful, found they could order 12.5/50mg Sinemet Plus, called the GP and arranged a prescription of those which I could take 2 of to get the dose up to 25/100mg.

Not all pharmacies are this helpful though. My usual pharmacy just said they couldn’t get Sinemet Plus and actually shrugged when I asked them what I could do! Following a tour of local pharmacies, looking for one with some stock, I finally found some help. This was OK for me to do, but I imagine it would be stressful and difficult for some people to do.

It concerns me that we are having supply problems now, and we haven’t even left the EU yet. Is anyone else having difficulty getting hold of Sinemet 25/100mg, or any other Parkinson’s meds, at the moment?

Duncan

Hi DuncanW, welcome to the forum. I have had the same problem as you trying to locate a regular supply if Sinimet. I been crossing between Sinimet Plus 25/100mg and the Sinimet 12.5/50mg, without any difficulty with the change. My supplier Boots the Chemist have been able to supply me with one or the other of Sinimet, but I don’t know for how long. It is worry I must admit, but I’m confident that surely something will come along to end the pressure. Happy hunting!

sheffy :smile::smile::smiley:

I’ve not long returned from my pharmacy - they can’t supply the Sinemet Plus 25mg/100mg tablets that I am on now. Fortunately, I have enough stashed to keep me going until mid-November so hopefully they’ll be back in stock before then, but I’m going to bear in mind the option of getting the 12.5mg/50mg ones if all else fails. Thanks… and fingers crossed!