Sinemet

Husband has just been diagnosed with PD. He has been prescribed Sinemet 12.5/50 5days ago …1 to be taken for 1st week , 2 in 2nd week and then 3 in 3rd week. Is it to early to be expecting to feel good effects please ?

Hi Candice. Welcome to the Forum. You can read about how Sinemet and other Levodopa drugs work on our website, here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/levodopa-co-beneldopa-and-co-careldopa

We also recommend you try contacting our Helpline team, who will be able to advise you further. You can reach them via email at [email protected], or call free on 0808 800 0303. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 10am-2pm.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team

Hi @Candice, from my experience yes 1 week not long enough . I think it was about 5 to 6 weeks in on Sinemet 12.5/50 before I really noticed a difference but family said they knew it was starting to work about 3 weeks in. It will be different for all, but being recently dx with PD will also be playing it’s part as it’s a lot to take for your husband and you separately you will be having probably different worries and concerns. It takes time to find what helps but don’t give up trying to find what helps. Get Husband to join I am sure he will find it helps and do speak with the helpline they are very good. :sunglasses:

Thank you so much. That is really helpful.