Size of tablets

My lover has PD. I am not his carer so have not memorised the names of his medications. However, I know he struggles to manage, partly to do with the size of them - some are tiny! I take thyroxine which are pretty dinky, but his are minute. He also now has to cut one tablet in half and it is not going well. He has a tablet-cutter but already struggles with cutlery, using a stapler, and much more. He doesn’t get a clean cut so isn’t getting the right dose.
I just can’t understand why the tablets can’t be made larger and more manageable? And why he can’t be dispensed them in the right size…
I recognise there could be problems for others if they were large, swallowing more difficult. But can’t Big Pharma consider these other issues? Stupid question…
Rant over

I find this to be quite an issue. Compounded by the fact that the pharmacy I use (and all the others in the area) can’t always get the same brand of tablet so the size and shape I have to cut varies. Some simply disintegrate in the pill cutter.

I don’t have a perfect solution. Your comment has started me wondering if a better design of pill cutter is the real solution.

As for cutlery, I was struggling badly but then bought a couple of sets online with very substantial grips which are much easier to use. Cost under 20 quid and well worth it in my experience.