Slowing down Parkinson's progression?

Oh, and let's not forget GM1 ganglioside. Extremely disease-modifying BUT for some mysterious reason not yet a standard therapy for PD.
Dear Bluey
- how is the ibuprofen treatment working?
i have also started taking some after checking with my gp (whom i believe is very good).
the least that can be said is that it seems to greatly benefit tendonitis - one tablet working for over 16 hours.
how are your symptoms?

i may try the pd guitar test - if mrs turnip doesnt shout 'put the bloody headphones on jimmy hendrix' then my symptoms are improving. either that or shes shopping.
Hi turnip

Actually I'm off later today to buy more Ibuprofen as i run out yesterday!

I've been taking one 200mg Ibuprofen tablet, same time each morning for about 2 weeks. I noticed an improvement in my PD symptoms during the 3 to 4 hours after taking it. Is that because the Ibuprofen is helping, who knows? Maybe it is helping or maybe its my mind convincing me its helping?

I need to continue with my experiment for another few weeks. Then to stop taking it for the next 4 weeks. This so i can make some sort of comparison, maybe using a few daily tasks to try and establish some sort of measurement as to whether taking Ibuprofen is of any benefit or not?

If you want a gut feel as to what the outcome might be, then my guess (even at this very early stage) would be: Yes there is a possibility some benefit can be gained from taking Ibuprofen. I believe its got something to do with Ibuprofen being a anti-inflammatory drug and my personal belief that one of the causes of PD is inflammatory virus based illness, possibly in our younger years which can attack and cause damage to the brain!!

I shall keep you posted on the outcome of my experiment, currently under way at bluey's international PD research centre somewhere in the Cotswolds.

bluey
cotswolds - very nice.
virus is a fav theory of mine, in my case shingles/chicken pox in particular.
but even walking normally is good because walking badly damages other muscles/joints.
cheers
If Parkinson's is a prion disease, do cannibals have a higher incidence?

Now that's an interesting thought; I've been a vegetarian (no meat/no fish) for over 20 years and my condition is progressing extremely slowly. I've often wondered if a vegetarian diet had something to do with this. I've had Parkinson’s for well over eight years and still drive and work. I had also noticed that when I took ibuprofen, I felt better although, truth be told, I don't actually feel bad!
I'm off now for my vegetarian Cumberland sausage sandwich (oo-er Missus). Bet you’re jealous now.
Hi turnip, yes the Cotswolds is lovely.

Here i am looking out of the window across field upon field of lush green English countryside. My neighbour 3 miles to the left is Sir Richard Branson, and to my right is David Cameron's Cotswold county mansion.

This is the life, me bluey sipping beer in my local with my best mates Dave and Rich.

The only downside to my country gent lifestyle, is the bleeding noise from those lorries as they go hurtling past my lay-by on the A40 at 5am every morning. It makes my camper van home shake, not to mention one of them there truckers, hit the side of my home the other morning while parking his lorry. Then he had the nerve to take a pee, before going to order his BIG breakfast from the "Hungry Trucker" roadside cafe, who occupy the same plot of land as me!

However one cant complain can one, better than sleeping rough on the streets of London.:laughing:

Tally ho and Cheers
bluey
terexill -all compliments welcome.

Bluey - if you happen to see the charming mr c in your local please tell him he is a ******** **** and should ****** * ***** ** *** **** at the next opportunity.

I had envisaged a miss marplesque cottage with a garden of wild flowers but as you say its an improvement on a cardboard box on the embankment. though if anyone is on the embankment and david cameron walks by do tell him he is a ******** **** and should ****** * ***** ** *** **** at the next opportunity.

prof t (i like it !)
It looks like Bartobob was right, we should all be drinking more cups of tea. Here's a recent paper I've just found 'Theaflavins stimulate autophagic degradation of alpha-synuclein in neuronal cell'

http://rossscience.org/ojns/articles/2075-9088-2-1.pdf