Sorry to be a nuisance

Hi Sue

are there any authors you particularly like?

hope your weekend is good.

vicky

Must admit Vicky I like tess Gerritson and good stories with a bit of murder mystery but a story too. Karin slaughter too. If it's a good story I can read for ages. How about you Vicky?

Hello   Ed,,  you  dont  mind me  calling you  ED,  do   you, its  just  I  get  exhausted  typing  longish  words  like  Edinburgh,, You can  call  me  FED  ED,  NUFF   SAID   now   where  was  I  ?  oh  yes   Edinburgh Man,,  anxiety and fear  of  the  unknown go in  the  front  line   of  PDs  shock  troops  and  the  bas???ds  take  no  prisoners,  I can  be  right as  rain  ,,why  is  there  no  wrong  as  rain,,  singing away  happy  as  larry,,,  though  not  as  happy  as  my  cuz   Larry Hanraty,,   who  was  jailed  last  week  in  Dubai  for riding   his  bike  without    lights,  12yr  he  got, he  is  appealing,, mind  you  so is  his  missus and  she seems  happy,  " (I TOLD HIM  TO  make  sure  the  batteries  wer  ok  but  he  never listens )  it  can  hit  anytime  anywhere  like a  cruise  missile  with  migraine,,  I  stop  it  by  listening  to  Tomas  Newman,  ( road  to  peridition theme,,Ghosts, By  another  name,  works   for  me

FED

I like murder too and do read for hours It is a great way to distract the thoughts I also like authors Graham Green George Orwell, Ann Cleeves, Also Frost Morse Wallander And lots more At the moment I am reading The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro I hope you are OK Do you work at all? Best wishes Vicky

Hi Vicky, I work part time but am off at the moment while I have some radiotherapy treatment.  I've had plenty of time to read lately!!  It's nice having the break at the weekend  from the trips to hospital. Gets a bit tireing. 

How do you get on with your Parkinsons Vicky? I was only diagnosed Nov 15. Just on small dose of madopar three times a day.

i hope you have a good day tomorrow. 

Sue x 

Hi Sue

Really sorry not to reply sooner.  Only just there picked up your post.  I haven't been on site for awhile.

I was diagnosed in May this.year.

I had to give up work as travelling into London was too much.  I  was also on a contract so got no help or money.

I do some voluntary work one day a week where I get a lift and also some home voluntary work on computer.

It was good to get your message.

Best wishes

Vicky

coolevil Now these two  smileys or  smilies depending on  your religion, I have  no  relligous beliefs   so  I amneutral ,,,,,Now where were eye,, sorry  a bit  silly there,  anxiety is  often fired  up   by fear  of  the  unknown  and is  a  horrible   horrible often disabling ,  in  my case it   often prevents  me  stepping outside  the  door  often  for   a week  or more and thats  despite defeating   it soundly  every  time, if  I feel its  going  to  be  a  problem I immediately  log  on  to  the  Forum and  post  a  few,  this  usually works  or  I will do  something  with  my   wife  ,,,no  not  that,,,,, Trivial Pawsuits ,,, or   Squabble ,, no  thats   not  mispelt we  often like  a  squabble it  clears  the  air,  cant  understand why there  is  so  much smoke  in  the  house  ,,all the  wiring  was  checked in 1912,,???  cant  understand  it  ED,,  you  dont  mind  me  calling  you  ED  do  you,  FED  to  ED  GOOD  EH  also  the  TV keeps  exploding  and of  course its  always when  summit  interesting is  ont tellie,,, sods  law  the  CUP  FINAL, OR the  culmination of a  police detective  story when  the  villain is  about  to  be  brought  to  justice  ,,BANG   and shards  of  plastic fly   through  the  air  im a bit fed  up  or FEDUP   now  the  drugs  you  take  to reduce  the  parky  can  cause  anxiety  also so  double  check  with  your  consultant as  there may  be  something to  lessen  the  effects  of  BLACKHEART,  BUT whichever route  you  take  you can  better  it  ED    believe me  as  time  passes  you  will  develop   your  own   teck neek,,  sorry  cant  spell  technique , and the anxioushusnessiveness  wlll  begonwithit,  good  luck  you  can  do  it  mate.

FROM FED TO ED  best for  NEW   YEAR  alsobig grin

Hi Fed

I read your post and maybe can identify.When I get little low on levadopa anxiety sometimes kicks in slightly,its worse when I wake up if I obsess during the day.I found the trick is not get overly involved in dread I cant control,politics etc.

I do my duty more than enough now but keep it objectiveand focus on peace.You mentioned fear of going out,It.s a common fear many have so I do things I hate to do and when the unfounded feelings come I say it's old PD (harmless imbalance),distressing but no danger.and move my muscles.having myoclonus which is a form of dyskinsia hasnt stopped me.Sure it's strange to others but sometimes react out of fear also.I remind myself all to often to keep a balance for my own mental health so I can live better with old PD

Best

john

LEXI   sue

I hope you spot this message, radiotherapy ?  you ok ? its tough enough with pd to deal with let alone anything else.  wishing you well x 

Hi TeeHee, thank you for your message. Yes I had an op and then radiotherapy for breast cancer but hopefully that will be the end of it apart from meds for five years. These mammograms are so essential and without it I wouldn't have got treated. Thankful for that.  Appreciate you asking. just glad it's another hurdle over!!

sue

Sue

Phew!  so pleased.   x

coolHello Dolly

How are you diddlin old  friend, how is Mr Dolly and your  mum, all well I trust, sorry I  have  not  been in touch LOPTAP  blew up, so its been  getting  unblew up and seems  to  work  ok  now  apart  from  a high  level  of intolerance of IGUANAS I cannot  understand how  this  is as  it  has  not  ventured anywhere  neat  the  Galapagos Isls, strange   eh.

Muchgoood tidings and things  like   that  Fed