Sponsored Lands End to John O'Groats Cycle ride for Parkinson's

My husband Glen, our daughter Jenny and her boyfriend Mark are going to cycle from Lands End to John O'Groats, over 1000 miles. Glen and Jenny are being sponsored for Parkinson's UK charity and and Mark is doing it for a RAF charity. They start on April 28th and aim to finish about May 16th.

So please follow this link to our fundraising page and sponsor them.
Alternatively get in touch and sponsor on paper.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/adams

They have done a practice ride over Easter weekend from Lowestoft to Fairbourne, over 300 miles in 4 days. They stayed in B&B's and youth hostels for the practice.

When they do the long ride I will hopefully support them with our campervan. Each night we will find somewhere to camp. We are not booking ahead so that they can be flexible but I hope to have a long list of possible camping places. If anyone lives on the route and can let us stay in a field etc we would be very grateful. Also good campsites, coffee stops on the way would be appreciated.

I can supply the route to anyone.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi mandybike,
What an amazing thing your husband and daughter are doing! I wish them the best of luck. And thank you.

I know of some great campsites in the north of Cornwall, west of Newquay. Do please send me the route by email and I'll see if any of them will be useful to you.

I've also let our events team know. I'm sure you're already in touch with them but if you're not, you can reach them at [email protected]

Thanks again and do keep us posted!

Cheers,
Ezinda
I can supply the route to anyone. Route so far; any advice welcome.
LEJOG provisional route
Penzance-St Austell-Lostwithel-Launceston-Okehampton-Exeter-Taunton-Clevedon-Bristol-Chepstow-Monmouth-Kington-Presteigne-Bishops Castle-Pontesbury-Shrewsbury-Ellesmere-Overton

I am in touch with the event team- they have sent us cycle tops etc
Follow their progress and please sponsor them

http://theadamslejog2012.wordpress.com/

Hi, Sounds great! I’m doing it starting 18thApril. Mine’s for a different charity. I’ve posted a review here in this forum but the moderators haven’t passed it yet. I’d like to compare notes, particularly on the route. I’ve been training around Stonehaven in Aberdeenshire. The thing I’m most concerned about is getting marooned in a big dual-carridgeway interchange where every one is doing 70mph and the merges are 1/4 mile long. Such a situation arises around the south of Aberdeen with a new bye-pass. To avoid it you have to go 5 miles out of your way across hilly terrain. Anyway if you are able to send your route I will happily reciprocate. Who knows, we may even meet on route! email address removed by admin for safety reasons.