Square one

Hi LEX1255,

I wish I could help you with telling you how to change your photo the correct way but your clever then me, i've tried to edit my profile & put a photo up instead to the flower&leaves & I can't seem to do it either!  I'm not sure if its me doing it wrong or my computer just won't download. But I click on edit & it just comes up with typed information details to edit nothing about the photo.

Take care & I hope all goes well for you Rita.

It`s comforting to hear other people get a bit shaky opening a purse or fiddling with shopping. I find on the whole people are patient, but there are exceptions!

All the best,

Frances

Hi Lexi255,

Are you using Windows? If you view and select the original photo in your picture library and right click on it, it should give you the option to rotate it and then you can upload it when viewing your profile.

Does that help? If not let us know and I'll see what else we can do to help!

Best wishes,

Joanne 

rita next time you are paying for your shopping and someone starts tutting or mumbling just go even slower on purpos and turn round to them smile sweetly and just say i am sorry to be holdng you bac here but i am afraid thats what parkinsons does to its suffers.

THank you Joanne for your help. Will give it a try!!! 

Joanne still can't seem to change photo. It's prob easy but I just can't seem to edit here on the site. Can on my main photo. How do I delete it as its looks daft!!!

Hi LEXI255,

If you click on ‘Account settings’ from your profile page you can make changes to your profile, including deleting your photo. We can do that for you if that helps? Once that one's gone you should be able to upload your new photo.

Thanks,

Joanne 

Thank you! When I go onto the account settings and profile it doesn't give option for photo. Please could you turn me he right way up or delete it Joanne? Appreciate your help.

Hi LEXI255,

I'm sorry that this wasn't so straightforward to fix. We managed to turn you the right way up now smile

Best wishes,

Mara
​Moderation Team

tHank you soooooo much mara. just got in after work and logged on to find myself the right way up!!!!!  You're a star!!!!

not only are you the right way up your photo show a very handsome woman  xx

What a kind thing to say BB . Thank you and I shall definitely return the compliment too. tHere are such lovely folk on here and so reassuring. 

Hi BB, Hope alls well with you.

Thanks for that advice about the tutting woman moaning at me for taking so long. I have noticed I am taking longer when trying to put my shopping away & getting my money out or card to pay. When people start to push me or mumble I get worse. The other day I felt so embarrassed & just wanted to get out the shop & home again. I was so flustered I noticed when the cashier started to talk to me I actually was stumbling & stuttering, then totally lost the plot about what I was even trying to explain. I came home so upset with myself. Nothing as bad as that had happened to me before.  I normally speak very clear, that was all down to the people in the queue behind me making me feel a pain.

When I go out again, I will do as you suggested, I thought when I got home why did I keep apologising! I wasn't doing anything wrong just trying to cope! Your right people like that have a problem & need to be more understanding. I did find I was getting worried about going again, but heck why should I.

Thanks BB, your always there to calm & help. Take care. Rita. xxx

Hello Joanne,

Hope you don't mind me asking you but I noticed you have helped Lexi255 to sort her photo out. "A lovely photo it is too Lexi255!"

I am wondering if you could give me some advice about my photo albums. I have no idea what is going on Joanne, but it won't let me download anymore! I have tried to download a photo of myself on here, but it just won't download.

I don't know what I have done but i've definitely clicked onto something which has changed my photo settings. I sometimes use ebay & Gumtree, but I can't now as again no photos will download. When I click on browse I use to get a page up with lots of folders in, all with different photos. (must admit my albums are in a mess, some have 1 photo in another has several, another has the same as other albums & few different ones too!) I think its where i'me unsure how to delete from  my camera, therefore every time I import on the laptop the photos all get repeated!  I do normally go through it though & just delete them from the computer.

When I use to download it was straight forward, I would click on browse, then all my albums would come up for me to see, (a fair size album too) then id find what photo I want click on it & open it & it would download. Now, I seem to have lost pictures from my screen so to get to them I need to shut down & go onto my desktop there is a logo saying pictures.  When I do get them I don't always get the big screen with the albums on but a screen with what seems endless small albums on. I then go through until i've found the photo I want then clicked on it, but a box appears with endless numbers on saying photo image. Then it says do you want to open or save?? I have clicked onto open. But nothing happens!!?

I think this is a biggish problem so please don't worry Joanne if your unable to offer any advice. I have a feeling i've done something major wrong & need to get someone in to sort it. Not sure it can be done any other way. I did think about taking the computer back to a previous date like restore & see if it will make my photo layout the same as it was back then???? Just at a loss with it.  Does restore do that, or will the layout of the photos still be a problem for me?

I will try again to see if a photo will download! Sorry to bombard you with all this Joanne, & if it has confused you no worries, as i'm more then confused with it all. I'm not tech minded at all. I know this is a pd web site for us friends all to help each other with advice, but just thought you may know what I could do with my photo problem.

Take care of yourself & I hope your week is a good one.

Best wishes Rita.x

Hi Rita,

I'm sorry that I can't be more help but I'm not really sure why this would be happening. It does seem strange that your photo library would stop bringing in all your photos, unless they are getting saved somewhere else? It sounds like the settings have been changed, but I can't think how!

Apologies I can't really help with this one.

Best wishes,

Joanne 

not sure where this should be put but have had dates through for scans!! DaTscan 11th Nov at addenbrookes and MRI Friday 13th (good job I'm not superstitious). Had to chase up a bit though. 

take care lexi255 and remember the longer you wait for you results the better ie results through say in 3 to 5 days = a major problem like a tumour wait for 5 to 8 weeks = nothing to worry about.

BB Karen.

Thanks Karen

So relived to have dates now. Fingers crossed its a bit of good news. Thank you for your support and advice!

Sue

you are welcome anytime xx