Stammering

I was dianosed in July and recently started on Sinemet which has really helped me a lot. However I have noticed in the last few weeks that I have started to stutter and stammer. Is this a typical symtom? Will speech therapy help?

Ian
Hi Paddyone
Although not common in early stages a variety of speech problems can affect PWP's
I'm sure there's a PD UK publication if you go to the home page of PDUK and click publications. However, it may not include the following:

Daily Mail 9 Jun 2011 – iPhone app helps dad stop stammer during wedding speech ... he wouldn't be able to give a wedding speech at his own daughter's wedding due to a developed stammer/stutter after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

If you google father overcomes stammer to give speech at daughters wedding you'll find a number of references. The application works in a similar way to an extremely expensive aid and with headphones tinkers (introduces a fractional delay) with the aural feedback that we all use when speaking and works amazingly well for those it suits.
I KNOW EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT BUT I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND TIREDNESS TO BE MY WORST ENEMY WHEN IT COMES TO STAMMERING