Staying positive

Hello. I’m Phil aged 69. Diagnosed last November. Neurologist said early stages and no need for medication as yet. I have the shakes in my left arm and it’s just started in my left leg a little. To be honest it’s not much more than a nuisance at the minute, however I know it’s going to get worse. I do have a problem getting off to sleep some nights. GP not that bothered. He did return my call but not much else. My wife and I have just decided to see how it goes and react accordingly.

Hi Phil,
We just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum, and make sure you’re aware of our website at Parkinsons.org.uk and our free and confidential helpline at 0808 800 0303. Between those two sources you can find articles on research, past forum discussions, and a group of advisers willing and happy to answer any questions you have and direct you to helpful resources in your area. Taking things day by day is sage advice, which you’re sure to hear echoed from our lovely and supportive community.
We hope you’re having a good day, and again please accept our warmest welcome to the group.
Best,
Jason
Moderation Team

Hi Phil,

I am in much the same boat as you. I’m aged 69 and have a shake in my right arm and sometimes in my leg. I have chosen not to go on medication yet.

I hope I will see a Parkinson’s nurse within the next couple of months that is six months after my first meeting with a neurologist after being diagnosed. I was supposed to get an invitation automatically but I think I will have to follow it up myself. Depending where you live you should have been assigned a nurse so you have someone to contact if things do take a turn for the worse.

Good luck

Mark