Steve Ford stepping down as CEO

After 15 years leading the charity, Steve Ford is saying a fond farewell to Parkinson’s UK. At the end of January he’ll take a break before starting his search for a new challenge.

Our CEO, Steve Ford, has announced that he’s stepping down from his role with the charity in January 2021. Sharing his decision, Steve said:

"This year I celebrated 15 years with Parkinson’s UK, and with the backdrop of a pandemic it was an opportunity for me to reflect on all I have achieved and what the future might hold for me and Parkinson’s UK.

"Despite all that has happened this year, the charity is in a really strong position with a great strategy, carefully managed finances and most importantly, a fantastic group of people. So, while it was a tough decision, it feels like a natural time for me to hand the reins to someone else to lead the charity into its next stage.

"The charity can look forward with confidence and I can look back with pride on what we have achieved together. Our research programme is strong with a good pipeline of both investment and exciting new projects. We’ve transformed the way that we’re able to support people throughout their Parkinson’s journey. And we’ve made massive strides in ensuring that the condition is known and understood.

“It really has been a tremendous privilege to lead this charity and an ongoing inspiration to work alongside people living with Parkinson’s, our volunteers, trustees, staff colleagues and our many friends and supporters.”

You can read more about this in The Parkinson’s UK website here.