Stratford-upon- avon conference

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO PDUK FOR PUTTING ON A BRILL WEEKEND,I TOTALLY ENJOYED EVERY MOMMENT OF IT:smile:I MADE SO MANY FRIENDS:smile: IT GAVE ME MOTIVATION AND CONFIDENCE WHICH I LACK A LOT OF,THE VENUE WAS AT HOLIDAY INN,AND THE STAFF WERE AMAZING,ANY THING YOU REQUIRED THEY WERE MORE THAN HAPPY TO FULLFILL YOUR NEEDS:smile:SO TINA,COLLEEN,MARK,BECKY,AND MANY MORE YOU ALL WORKED SO HARD TO GIVE US ALL A ENJOYABLE WEEKEND WELL DONE X:smile:
Hi i echo Ali's message, the weekend was well organised, informative,thougtfull, staff were brill. Best of all, there were lot's of lovely people to meet:smile:wish i could have had more time to chat to everyone. Once again, thank you sooooo much to the organisers for making this event happen, it was truly appreciated:smile:

Diane

P.S - As a newly diagnosed i have never before seen another person with Parkinsons and this event embraced me into a new welcoming family .....Priceless :smile:Thank You!
Hi i echo Ali's message, the weekend was well organised, informative,thougtfull, staff were brill. Best of all, there were lot's of lovely people to meet:smile:wish i could have had more time to chat to everyone. Once again, thank you sooooo much to the organisers for making this event happen, it was truly appreciated:smile:

Diane

P.S - As a newly diagnosed i have never before seen another person with Parkinsons and this event embraced me into a new welcoming family .....Priceless :smile:Thank You!
The love support camaraderie and knowing ur not alone I felt was priceless, lots of emotional moments, lots of laughs, lots of thinking,.....thank u for such a brilliant weekend
On a high, but knackered , feel like been hit in face with a brick and feet broken but worth it lol xxxxx
Oh Im going to that. Next weekend isnt it. Cant wait. Ive had enough disapointments this year to last me a lifetime.
Really looking fwd to it.
eck,im sorry it was last weekend this conference,but im sure there is goin to be other things ur able to go to,and then go to this conference agin next time,xxx:smile:
Couldn't agree more with Ali's post !!! I had never been to an event like this before and i went feeling quite nervous , i am 43 and i had never met anyone under 60 with PD before. I have come away from the conference feeling inspired . motivated and most importantly loved . I have met the most fantastic people and made great new friendships , in fact i loved everything !!!!! Thank you to everyone that made this possible !!!!! X
Thanks All:grin: It wouldn't have been as good without you guys. It was a pleasure to help arrange this event and now planning what to do next time lol.

Parkinson's UK will be sending feedback forms out. please respond and we can help the charity with an idea of what it is doing right and what is needed/missing.

lovely to have met so many new people.
Take care
love Tina x:grin:
what an amazing weekend on many levels the organization ,venue ,dedication of all the staff and voluteers at parkinsons uk ,i have to say tina walker and mark you were both great , as the partner of tony who has been profoundley affected by parkinsons at a young age unfortunatley he could not make the weekend due to parkinsons related problems .i was made very welcome as always at these events , which amongst many other reasons why events like this are so important and needed by all of us wether we are sufferers or carers. coleen what can i say so insperational in every aspect . and finally a massive thanks to tyler events simon and the team there everything worked like clockwork . thanks to you all

Darren birmingham
Dear All
Thank you so much for your kind words and support. Please add my praise to Tina, Mark, PUK, Tyler Events, the Hotel, my friends old and new for making the event so so awesome. What matters is what we all do next, how we can use what we gained to help ourselves and in turn help others.... our continued supportive behaviour friendship and care. Which is so priceless. As bizarre as it sounds, it is a great privilege to be in the PD Community, every single person there an inspiration. And as for the disco..... well we can still 'shake our booty' Kindest Colleen :-)
Oh bugger I missed it and it sounds like it was great. Does anybody know when the next one is? Hard to find childcare but with enuff notice I'm sure I could wangle it.
2 years time it is ,u got plenty of time:wink:,im sure u will have a wonderful time,and make so many new friends:smile:I HOPE MODERATERS IF YOUR ABLE TO BROADCAST IT ON THE FORUM NEXT TIME,SO SOME PEOPLE DONT MISS OUT,THANKYOU. this was only done in caps so hping mods will see it for us.thankyou xx:smile:
Hi folks

Brill weekend. Thx. Timing just right. Going to the 'Lets talk on line' workshop reminded me just how long it's been since I've posted on here. Good to see others I haven't seen in ages & good to me new people too

Julie
Hi We agree 100% with all previous comments, fantastic w/e. Please can we come to another. Hubby doesn't go out very much due to his freezing all the time (especially in the restaurant and lobby)He enjoyed the w/e and says he didn't feel too embarrassed as others understood his problem. Oh and the staff were great!!
As a recently diagnosed PWP. I would like to say thank you for arranging this weekend event. I have pretty much come to terms with having PD. My husband, however has not.
It was reassuring for him to see people at the conference that had been diagnosed 10+ years and still look well and are living active and productive lives.

Thank you again

Caroline
This was the 1st event that I have been to since being diagnosed with PD in Nov last year. Wonderful event and really useful to see how it affect everyone in different ways. We will not all end up the same, every person is an individual, even with PD. It was scary how some were, but uplifting also so see how others were with this terrible disease. Really enjoyed the weekend and has given me the confidence to visit the Young Persons meeting in my area next week for the first time. Many thanks to all those who organised this event and the hotel staff were terrific. Good luck to us all XX
Agree with the other posts to a great extent although the previous event a couple of years ago was better from the presentation perspective.
But echo the camaraderie and friendship from all of those attending. There is a magnetism which bonds us all together and the sharing of our lives our thoughts and our jokes is so important for my well-being at least if not all of us.
Perhaps we like our lives the way we want to live them and others have a different perspective but the underlying challenges are the same, and our inner thoughts and feelings so very similar. Perhaps we say well I'm making the most of my life unlike others or perhaps we say wow what a great life, that's something I could do and really enjoy.
At last years office dinner dance I made excuses to avoid getting onto the dance floor with colleagues I'm known for decades yet at Stratford I felt relaxed and at ease with my attempts at dancing, surrounded by new friends.

ttfn

westby
Karen & I had a brilliant weekend made so by the wonderful venue and the wonderful people within ! We met up with old friends and made some new which was fantastic. Laughter was plenty and it was very relaxing as well as very helpful. Events like these are SO important for people and carers with PD and I hope there will be plenty more to come ! Talks by the experts were so valuable and informative and equally talks by those affected with PD. It felt like one big happy family the whole weekend and we've come away with great memories as well as new friends. Well done Tina,Mark, Colleen , Becky and Tyler Events for putting on such a wonderful event.