Support during COVID 19

Hi,

My dad was diagnosed with PD in late 2014. He was doing relatively ok until recently when he has begun to hallucinate and has been diagnosed with lewy dementia. His hallucinations are getting more frequent and vivid over the past couple of weeks and I have encouraged my mum to contact his doctor.

Where I need some help is with my mum… she is finding it all very distressing as she works full time and is currently trying to work from home. She feels that she is not coping. Usually I would go and help/support but I’m unable to due to the current lockdown as I live 200 miles away from her.

Can anyone give me any hints/tips to help her from afar?

Many thanks

Hi @Sajo,

Welcome to the forum. We have lots of resources to help you and I’m sure other forum members will be along soon to share their experiences and tips.

In the meantime why not have a look at our information for carers? It might be useful for your Mum to get more information. She can also call our helpline, as can you:

And please feel free to give our helpline a call to have a chat with one of our advisers.

• Call FREE on 0808 800 0303
  • Opening times : Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm
    (Closed Sundays/bank holidays)
  • Email: [email protected]

We also have Nurse Advisers on the helpline who can help you with medication and symptom queries.

It’s also worth googling your local carers support agency, they will have people who can chat to and help your Mum.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/caring-someone-parkinsons

Tash - Moderation Team