Symptoms knowing or not knowing

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 3 years ago. It started with a slight tremor in his right hand. He was informed by the Professor he saw that it is a slow progressive disease and was given Sinemet only 3 tablets per day.
Since then we can see that his movements have slowed down, but he his 74 years old, so could be just ageing.
He gets internal tremors which he was told that happens to some people. Recently he has been having dizzy spells with sickness and feeling generally unwell and fatigued. He is losing muscle in his legs and arms too.
The problem being he also has a lot of other health problems.
So to get to the point we are never sure what relates to the Parkinson’s or other issues, and if you make a GPs appointment how can they help!
Do any other Parkinson sufferers have this problem.
Thank you for letting me join this forum as I can see their are lots of people suffering with this awful disease.

Hi Anita,
We’re sorry to hear your husband is going through a difficult period. You are correct in that this forum is full of people with similar challenges, and you are sure to hear from them soon. We’d also like you to know about our website, full of information of all kinds, at Parkinsons.org.uk, and our free and confidential helpline, on 0808 800 0303. Please do use these tools when you have questions or need assistance, and someone will be happy to help.
With our warmest wishes,
Jason
Forum Moderator

Good evening anitajunedavis … Sorry to hear your husband is suffering …

As well as Atypical Parkinson’s [diagnosed by Datscan June 2023], I have Prostate Cancer, Peripheral Neuropathy, a recent New Atrial Fibrillation, a bit of Arthritis &
I am having problems with my waterworks.
I am coming up 70.

I am also on Sinemet & find it very good. I have felt better since I started taking it.
I started with 1 a day for a week, then 1 twice a day for a week, then 1 three times a day for a week & I am now on 2 pills 3 times a day & will be till review in April.

Showing results for … can sinemet cause dizziness ?

Dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, unusual dreams, or headache may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. This medication may cause saliva, urine, or sweat to turn a dark color. SO SOME OF HIS RECENT HEALTH ISSUES MAY BE A REACTION TO THE SINEMET.

I take quite a lot of medication. My main issue is mobility unless I need the bathroom.

Any questions please ask.

Best wishes
Steve2

Good evening again anitajunedavis … Do you have a Parkinson’s Nurse ? If you do, do tell her / him that your husband is having these reactions to the Sinemet.

My experience with talking to my GP about Parkinson’s is that they suggest I talk to my Neurologist / Parkinson’s Nurse.

You might also phone the Parkinson’s UK helpline & ask to speak to one of their nurses, who are excellent.

Steve2

Good evening again anitajunedavis … One last point. You say your husband is taking
3 Sinemet pills a day I assume that is 1 pill at 7am, 1 pill at 1pm & 1 pill at 7pm ?
I hope he is not taking 3 pills once a day? My understanding is that the Sinemet is spread out through the day.

Steve2

Hi, slowness is a symptom of parkinsons as is internal tremors. It can also cause dizziness on standing and fatigue amongst other symptoms. After 3 years of sinemet it’s unlikely that is the cause and it’s a low dose. If you have a PD nurse then contact them or go back to your neurologist (you can contact them via their secretary at the hospital). If you’re worried it might something as well as PD then the first place to go is your GP. They are the gateway to everything else.
All the best,