Telling -, or not telling - work colleagues

I told my manager as soon as I was diagnosed and she informed everyone in the department at my request, that way everyone knew and saved me loads of the same discussions.

I visit nurseries, pre-schools and schools during the day and everyone there knows too, I have never, ever had a negative comment made, quite the opposite.

Everyone has been incredibly supportive and I have been given lots of great tools to allow me to continue my work. I was even given a promotion about a year ago despite the PD and because I do a damn good job!!!

My manager has said she will do whatever it takes to keep me in my job as she doesn't want to lose me.

Honesty is always the best policy I have found.

Caroline

x

Hi Caroline,

I could not agree more with your post and congrats to the promotion.

BB xx

If it's obvious your valued then your likely too get a favourable response too telling those at work and worth working on at staying in your job.

You get all sorts of stare's and looks when someone notices in each and every daily situation your Tremor, it's hard too hide it. it makes me feel uncomfortable, you can see in other people's eyes they look uncomfortable with it. people you don't usually interact with think the lesser or form a bad opinion with the reasons behind the tremor, or other symptoms.

When i first met my girlfriends auntie she said out loud on a Christmas day ''does he have a problem with the drink''. She was the one drinking alcohol, i do not drink!!.

At Work one day my boss noticed my tremor ''you should get that looked at'' I couldn't hide it, I was serving food too customers, customers would comment as if i was a inferior member of staff. my tremor became worse, beyond that I Became ill and weak and unable,

I could no longer do a job i once excelled in, I was infact a danger too myself, the staff and above all the customers. It was distressing for my work mates i had worked with for years too see me the way i was,You have too have the right mind set, Kitchens are dangerous work places for fit people let alone those who are ill. so adaptations would be pointless and counter productive too the Business.