Thank you

This evening marks the end of Parkinson’s Awareness Week 2016. A big thank you to everyone who ran, walked, volunteered, donated, watched, shared their ‪#‎Parkinsonsin1‬ and support for others here on the forum. 

At its heart, we hope the week represented everyone in the Parkinson’s community joining together to share a simple but powerful message: Whoever you are and whatever you’re going through, no one has to face Parkinson’s alone.

[[{"fid":"73645","view_mode":"media_original","fields":{"format":"media_original","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"Thank you - Parkinson's Awareness Week","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":"Thank you - Parkinson's Awareness Week","field_media_tags[und]":"Parkinson's Awareness Week, PAW, thank you"},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"Thank you - Parkinson's Awareness Week","title":"Thank you - Parkinson's Awareness Week","height":394,"width":472,"style":"width: 472px; height: 394px;","class":"media-element file-media-original"}}]]

Sat Sri Akal.

Today we spent a terrific afternoon at the Sikh festival in Slough. We had pre arranged a small marquee and table so that we could display the sea of blue information booklets and leaflets from Parkinson's UK.

There must have been five thousand smiling people dressed in their colourful saris and might I say tall handsome warrior like men dressed in black with silver emblems. The courtesy we were afforded was from another time although the idea of queuing will never be part of this community's collective personality.

Every person who came through the Temple gates was given food and I am told that there were tables of food also available all along the route. It was explained to me that there is no attitude of hoarding that to share was paramount and God would take care of the rest.

My hero of the day was the man who dispensed ice cream at the rate of one a second and somehow managed to find my hand three times amidst the throng of flailing arms.

We need people from all communities to join us especially if they have such a caring attitude for those less fortunate than themselves.

It wasn't just the ice cream, honest.

Same time next year? You betcha!!!