Thiamine

for an unrelatedish problem, i have been proscribed thiamine (vit b1).
checking that it i ok to take, i found the opposite:
http://www.neurores.org/index.php/neurores/article/viewArticle/155/156

delightfully badly written in vietnamerican.

"Within days of thiamine treatment, the patients had smiles on their faces, walked normally with longer steps, increased their arm swings, and experienced no tremors or sialorrhea. "

unfortunately
case 1
"...he could stand up unassisted and walks with normal associated movements in the arms. His eyes opened widely and smiling face. He experienced no sialorrhea. Unfortunately, he had an accident that resulted in a hip fracture, and the follow up ceased."

I alread find my smilly face improved.

I shall report back in nine days with a graph of smilly faces :grin:
anyone else tried thiamine?
Thx for this info, Turnip. I didn't know this. I started searching on vitamine B and neuroprotection. I found this:

http://neuroprotectivelifestyle.com/nutritional-neuroscience/b12-deficiency-and-the-amazing-shrinking-brain-dont-let-it-happen-to-you/
Hi Turnip,
A number of months ago.I went on a health spree(sort of).A desperate attempt to make myself positive.Swimming,weights,diet.I went obsessive(like we do).Anyway,amongst my FAD supplements was"Complete B vitamin B-complex".This contains Thiamine(vitamin B1).I actually did have an"up"period at that time.The inevitable"low"however seems to wipe away all trace of good.
Anyway,my point is this.There is definitely a chance that you could be right.Maybe it started to work on me,maybe I just needed to give it more time.It does say on the side of the bottle"For healthy function of the heart,Brain and Nervous System.Releases Energy from foods.It was the Nervous System part which attracted me to them.
I will be interested to see how you get on.Maybe I may re-start them(I'm desperate).I will see how you get on 1st.Trouble is though.I may re-start and then experience a placebo effect.Mind you,is that such a bad thing.Like I say,desperate times.
Two Tabs of mine(from Holland & Barrett).You take Two a day,with meals.
Two Tabs contain-
Thiamin(vitamin B1) - 10mg
Riboflavin(vitamin B2) - 15mg
Niacin - 25mg
Pantothenic Acid -100mg
Vitamin B6 -10mg
Vitamin B12 -(upsides down"h"thingy)g
Folic Acid -(thingy)g
Biotin -100(thingy)g
Choline Bitartrate -250 mg
Inositol -250mg
PABA -50mg

Now I am no Chemist.Just a walking experiment lol.

Good luck,hope the thiamin works for you.(is thiamin and thiamine the same thing,or we going down the Americanis(z)ation path?)
Lost track now,never mind
All the best
Titan
Hi when I started Madopar last April I started taking supplements including a B vitamin complex. Freezing stopped, my balance improved and my energy level went up plus I could walk normally again. Still have tremor, stiffness and soreness. I put the improvements down to Madopar but maybe thiamin has had a part to play plus B 12? Interesting!
hi all
will let you know -
tricky thing is a) how do you measure it b) avoid placebo effect?
BEST WISHES . I DO HOPE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU .

OUR GP DID A BLOOD TEST TO SEE IF MY HUSBAND WAS SHORT OF THE VIT B BUT IT CAME POSITIVE . I HAVE HEARED FROM OTHERS WHO HAVE GOOD RESULT ,WISH HE HAD JUST TRIED IT FOR MY HUSBAND . DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST IN THE FIRST PLACE ..
hi
the people in the test had 100 - 200 mgs injected - more gets through than if you swallowing.
I am taking 100mg tablets prescribed for something else coincidentally.
multi vits have 10mg.

i wouldn't take a large amount without consulting a doctor, i'm not aware it can be toxic but you never know. smaller amounts would be unlikely to have the same effect i presume.
1 Like