This is all new

Hi my husband was diagnosed with PD three years ago and although neither of us say anything it has had such a bad effect on our marriage.  Every day gets harder and I'm not sure what to do. I feel isolated from my friends as they have all backed away. 

Hi

i am not very good at giving advice on something like this, but am responding so it goes to the top of the list. For some reason your original posting was not readable.

is there a Parkinsons support group near you?  Maybe you could both go along. I may help you to talk to each other about your difficulties or fears.

Best wishes

S

Hi K833

Sorry to hear of your problems. As Supa says if you do have a support group in your area, it's well worth going to for the help and support and a social life. I belong to one now, it took me a little while to agree to attending, but I am on the committee ( you don't have to if you don't want to ) now and help out with outings and social evenings, it helps you get involved if you want to and it's a bit of a release from the tension involved being a carer. Ask your support worker or look on the internet for one near by, I do hope for your sake there is one and your hubby agrees to go with you. It's not easy for both of you, My OH and I have the odd session where there is tension and I hate it as we have have rarely had a cross word between us. This damn parkinsons has a lot to answer for! Stick at it and try to resolve your problems, I hope it all works out for you both. It took a lot of courage for you to post on the forum, and hope it has made you feel a bit better sharing a bit of your tension. Keep posting.......... 

Regards Sheila  (p.s. I'm the one with parkinsons)

Hi my OH refuses to go to a support group but I have found a local support person who is going to come and talk to me at home.  Hopefully this will help and slowly I can encourage my husband to join in.  

Thank you Sups and Sheila for your kind words.