Tight neck

I was diagnosed in September this year. My symptoms are a stiff right shoulder and tremor in right hand. I also get a tight neck up about the hair line and sometimes waves over my head. Has anyone else jad this ?

Hi, @Ruth1. A very warm welcome to the forum community.

I’m sure our members will be along to say hello soon and let you know what they’ve found helpful.

In the meantime there is some information on our website for people who are newly diagnosed, which I hope you find useful

If you would like more support you can contact our free helpline, our trained advisers can provide information and support on all aspects of life with Parkinson’s. Our helpline is available Mon-Fri 9am-7pm and 10am-2pm on Saturday. You can contact us on 0808 800 0303 or [email protected].

I hope that helps a little but please do feel free to continue using the forum as a source of information and support

Best wishes

Janice
Forum moderation team

I noticed when i was diagnosed my physical aches and pains increased especially my neck pain and shoulders including the tremors I noticed Parkinsons stiffness invades all the muscle groups depending on the day I purchased a shiatsu massager from Argos its perfect for the neck and backs of calfs it also gets into the shoulder region but be warned dont over use it or yu will suffer has its quite a strong massage Hope this helps

Thanks . I treated myself to one of these at Christmas and it does help.

Thanks Dave , I had picked one of these up and it has been useful when my shouldwr has been really tight. Youre rught it can be brutal. Lol

Yes. And also the front of my neck like I’m being gripped. Painful . It comes with breathing spasms too .
Does this sound familiar?