Tightness

Has anyone experienced rightness at base of skull, tight waves over top of head. Tightness along jae. Tingling up side of face.

Hi @Ruth1,

It sounds like you may be experiencing some rigidity which is quite a common symptom for people with Parkinson’s. There’s a lot of helpful information via the Parkinson’s UK website on rigidity and how best to treat and manage it which can be found here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/rigidity

I hope this helps with your query!

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks Reah. I mentio ned it to the Dr but they never poced up on it, it is quite hard to describe the feeling and I thought it might be due to stresa.

Ruth

Hi @Ruth1,
I have had PD for nearly 5 years, and I do get similar symptons which afe rather unpleasant to say the least. However, I also have mild to severe osteoarthritis, stenosis and bulging discs in my neck. I have spoken with both my GP & Neurologist on this only last week.

Both said the same may be lots of reasons for this including PD. However due to my spinal issues and I have many affecting the whole spine (58 years young) it is likely to be related in my case to the spinal issues.

Both have written to my neurosurgical team and chronic pain cconsultant who I am seeing on 9 April so they can check it out. It is so difficult at times knowing what is and what is not down to parky.

I would suggest that you call your PD nurse and also your GP so they can decide the best course of action, which may included an MRI of the cervical spine to rule out or in conditions similar to mine.

Hope you get it sorted as it is not a nice feeling especially the tingling session in the face.
Best wishes
John :blue_heart::sunglasses: