Tinted lenses as a treatment in PD?

to answer previous points
1 it was suggested to me that this was the best method of interesting professionals
2 we use 16 million colours - often it is VERY specific and with virtually no tolerance - so using a cheap blue (bpi blue has been suggested - usuallyit is not very good! but another blue can have massive effects. You DO need to be an expert to understand prescribing techniques - even among optometrists / opticians there are probably less than 5 in the UK that could do it)
Good morning to you Bede.

To quote from this forum's T&Cs: "The forum is here for anyone affected by Parkinson's. This means people with Parkinson's, families, friends, carers, etc." Also, "The forum is for debate and discussion. It is not a suitable place to obtain medical advice and users should note that such advice may be inaccurate. No advice given by users on this forum should be taken as actual professional advice unless identified by Parkinson's UK as a qualified expert or professional." And finally, "Parkinson's UK cannot be held responsible for advice given by forum users."

The observations below are mine alone:

It seems to me that this is not a suitable platform for your approaches. It is a user-driven arena for sufferers and carers to swap notes and experiences. It is clearly not the place for you to make contact with the PD scientific community (one of your stated goals), nor for you to obtain telephone numbers, addresses or locations of individuals whom you may regard as potential "collaborators" (customers).

Over recent weeks you have repeatedly (some might say aggressively) asserted that you cannot provide further information here, but that you needed telephone numbers and/or names & addresses to deal with enquirers off line and individually. And yet at the same time you keep explaining to us that your work and findings are far too complex for us (thanks), or even other professionals to understand.

I suspect you may have been surprised by the level of expertise which already exists in our membership, but give you ten out of ten for perseverance and tenacity. Nonetheless I suggest that you are achieving little success here, and your time might be better spent finding a more suitable site for your sales efforts.

Thanks for your venerable contribution.

Ray.
.....and it seems to me that Bede has mostly recieved a positive and enquiring response from most of the posters in this thread !

Please continue posting Bede and thank you kindly for your input thus far :smile:
This post has been edited/removed by moderators because it does not comply with our forum guidelines. You can find the guidelines here: http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/forum-terms-and-conditions/forum-help/forum-user-guidelines.aspx
Blue tinted lenses have been a subject for forum discussions for the last 10 or 15 years - simply google 'blue tinted glasses parkinsons'.

Any information re: getting professional advice on the matter, I find welcome

I PERSONALLY would have been happy to be a customer, unfortunately Bede is in Scotland.

I am quite capable of making my own decisions in life, financial or otherwise.

Bede,

I am due to qualify as an OT in June as well as having personal connections to PD, and am interested to work in the neuro field. I am fascinated by the effect of tinted lenses. Can you recommend some articles that provide an evidence base for this intervention please?

Thanks,

Stories

Stories

Bede hasnt been here for 2 years so you might not get a reply.

In the meantime here is a link to real research with red light 

http://inspired.sydney.edu.au/shining-a-red-light-on-parkinsons-disease/

https://www.dovepress.com/the-potential-of-light-therapy-in-parkinson39s-disease-peer-reviewed-article-CPT

I bought a blue light bulb today and feel there is some positive temporary effect.

cheers