Toe Dystonia

Hi All, I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in December 2018. The first symptom that I was referred to a neurologist for was a weird feeling in my right big toe. Through my Parkinson’s journey my toe problem has got steadily worse and I now get cramping in my toes on both feet. I am on 37.5mg Sinemet 4 times a day which definitely helps alleviate some of the discomfort but doesn’t do the whole job. I also take a half Sinemet at bedtime but I can’t get through the night without pain. I am keen not to increase my medication at this time and have read that Botox injections could help. I am at a loss of how to get referred. My GP practice haven’t heard of it and the PD nurse I spoke to discouraged it. I don’t know who to turn to. Has anyone had a similar problem and had Botox? If so, how did you get referred and how did it go please?

1 Like

I am recently diagnosed I also am having similar problems with my right foot it appears to go in a straight line from toe to ankle. I am lucky to get two hours sleep per night sorry I cannot answer you’re question.