Too much wax

I don’t know if this is related to Parkinsons, or not. But for the last year or so, I have had excessive ear wax. It completely blocks the canal, preventing my aids from working, and happens almost every week.

I never used to have any trouble with wax, so thinking this may be yet another little annoying thing I have to live with.

Perhaps someone can confirm if it is the case please.

I’ve not come across this as a symptom of Parkinson’s, but it is something I’ve suffered from myself. I first had a problem with excessive ear wax when I was in my forties, about 20 years ago. At the time I wondered if it was caused by my smoking, but my GP said not. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s a couple of years ago and recently I’ve started having a problem with ear wax again.

I had excessive wax in my ears so I bought a USB Otoscope. The view is frequently not pretty, but I can monitor the situation and clean when necessary.

1 Like

Thanks Jane_L,

Then it’s probably just normal. It seemed like the sort of thing Parkinsons would throw at you, which is why I asked.

Thanks Martini.

I don’t think I want to see it, thanks. I can feel when it creeps down. It’s that little bit that gets stuck on the ear drum, and stops you hearing I don’t like.