Travel and Life Insurance

Hi, it has been sometime since i last visited here but i need some advice. I am looking to possibly go abroad soon for a much needed break and some headspace. However, when it comes to Travel Insurance, do i simply state Parkinsons Disorder or do i have to break it down to its individual components such as Micrographia and Tremors (amongst many others).
I have also tried gaining Life Insurance but time and again i get refused, is anyone aware of insurance companies that may offer me a policy, or should i just wait 12 months for a Sunlife policy?? I appreciate any advice in advance, thank you.

In the past I’ve applied for travel insurance online and Parkinson’s is listed as an option under medical conditions. Then there are a couple of follow on questions about symptoms but in my case (with mild symtoms) the premium has stayed the same. My husband has high blood pressure and cholesterol which results in a large increase!

I recently took out travel insurance with the post office for France. I stated I had Parkinsons and was then asked a couple of questions - one was did I have trouble swallowing and the other was something like did I need help getting up or walking. The answers were both no and the premium didn’t change.
Peter

2 Likes

Hi
I had Travel Insurance through Holidaysafe in 2019
Made no fuss about the Parkinsons back then even though we had cancelled 2 previous cruises when my husband was ill.
THey settled the claims with no quibbles
The world has changed but hopefully they maa be able to help
Happy holidays

1 Like

Hey there, it’s great to see you back! I totally understand the need for a break and some headspace, especially with all that’s going on in the world.

It would be best to consult with your doctor to see if any additional information needs to be included in your travel insurance policy.
In terms of life insurance, it can be challenging to find coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. It might be worth checking out insurance companies that specialize in covering individuals with pre-existing conditions. As for business class flights, they can be a great way to make travel more comfortable, but they can also be quite expensive. You might want to compare prices and see if it fits within your budget.

Hey there! When it comes to travel insurance, it can be a bit tricky with pre-existing conditions. I’ve noticed that some online applications include Parkinson’s as an option, but it’s important to answer the follow-up questions honestly to ensure accurate coverage. In my experience, having mild symptoms hasn’t affected the premium, but it’s unfortunate that your husband’s high blood pressure and cholesterol led to a significant increase. It’s always a good idea to compare different insurance providers and their offerings to find the best fit for your specific situation. Oh, and if you need train schedules, you can find them here: https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/.