Travel Insurance

I will be going on holiday to the USA in August. I know if I say I have PD, and swallowing problems I will be refused cover. Should I just not mention the PD? I am very unlikely to need medical attention because of it. On the other hand, if my camera got stolen, would my claim be refused because I did not disclose my PD?

Any companies good to try?

Thanks with lots of PD love,

Martin

I really would not risk it Martin, especially of you are  visiting the US where you can incur huge medical bills. Something, not connected in any way to your P and swallowing  difficulties, could happen and then that would also not be covered as you had not advised them of your P and associated problems.

As for your camera theft scenario, I fully expect  a claim would be denied as you have not made a full disclosure of relevant facts. The insurer could attribute the theft of your camera to you not being fully aware of risks in the   area that you were travelling........ anything for them to have a get out clause.

Just a year ago I had an op to release a trapped nerve in my arm. It was sorted, full stop. Our annual travel insurance was due for its yearly medical screening AND, despite the fact that I had been in serious pain for many months prior to the op, and that the op had resolved this, they had the nerve, (sorry for the pun) to charge me an excess on our policy for the forthcoming year.

I was not confident enough to be sure that, if I accidentally fell over, or something else happened, that they would not attribute this to my operated on arm. They would also not cover other conditions that had previously not incurred an excess; thyroid  and such, unless I paid the excess.

Hi Martin,

I have world wide cover with my bank account,I notified the insurance company when diagnosed with Parkinsons and was told I would be covered and no excess to pay.The insurance company is AXA INSURANCE.

I am on medication for Parkinsons and also for 2 other minor problems,notified them fairly recently after booking flights to Australia for later this year,again I was told I would be covered and no excess.I am 72 years old and have been diagnosed for 2 years.Hope this helps,

Regards  ANNE

Thanks Guys,

Will have a look at AXA, I think it's the swallowing thing they are scared of.

INSURANCE CHOICE  I HAVE DBS & WENT TO THAILAND REALLY GOOD FOR PEOPLE WITH ILLNESS & GOOD PRICE ME & WIFE GOLD COVER TWO WEEKS 120.00