Travle Insurance advice for travel to the USA for medical procedures

hi, my name is Stuart and this is my first post.

I am due to travel to the US in 4 weeks primarily to undertake several medical procedures. i can’t find a travel insurance company who now accommodate this. I find it frustrating to be continually met with a brick wall. There must be people with PD, or any other ailment, who has travelled abroad in the last year to obtain medical help.
Any help in identifying complying insurance companies would be very much appreciated.
thanks a lot
Stuart

@stuart2. :wave:t3:

Welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s important to have a valid travel insurance policy before you go on holiday.

If you have Parkinson’s, make sure the policy covers pre-existing medical conditions. If you don’t declare a medical condition and need to make a claim, your policy may be invalid.

Under the Equality Act 2010, companies and service providers, including insurance and travel companies, must not, without reason, refuse to provide a service to a disabled person that they offer other members of the public.

However, the law allows insurers to apply special conditions or premiums to disabled people if they can show there’s a greater risk in insuring them. People with Parkinson’s have told us that they have found the price of these premiums reasonable in many cases. For more information on this, please visit the Parkinson’s UK forum here.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Admin

Just travel insurance