Trichloroethylene exposure

Hi Bettyblue, I googled this to find out if I would have been in danger of any chemicals I worked with way back, but it was inconclusive, there was nothing to do with trichloroethylene in it that I used. Hope you soon get some comeback on your investigation - Sheila

Is trichloroethylene used in the dry cleaning industry? For ten years I occupied an office above a busy dry cleaners. The smell of the solvents was often very strong. I recall reading some years ago that there is a very high prevalence of PD amongst dry cleaning operatives .As in any civil claim however you would have to prove negligence.

No it’s not solvent used in the dry cleaning industry is very similar sounding I can’t actually spell the word I know this for a fact as I used to work in the dry cleaning industry myself or they only for a little while.

i also used a number of diferant products containing TCE, while working at a motor factors dealing with cars trucks and industrial , using Brake cleaners, carburetor cleaners, engine cleaners, i remember it had a very strong " victory v smell" started at the factors in 1977 was diagnosd with PD in 1992 finished work 1994 if y memory serves me right . i was 32 when diagnoed i am now 56

This is a rather late response (I’ve been rather busy sorting out a house move). Dry cleaning fluid is Perchlorethylene. It’s a known liver carcinogen, and just as likely to cause PD as Trichloroethylene.

Sorry for the bad news.

Hi to everyone on this thread about tce exposure could you possibly contact me in regard to ongoing litagation this possibly be beinfical to you
Regards
Keith

Hi there
Did this go anywhere I wonder?
I worked with paint strippers for a couple of years back in the early 80’s.