UK Young Onset Parkinsons's Football Team (UKYOPDFC)

A group of 11 of us have recently returned from Copenhagen after playing in the Ray Kennedy Cup, a football tournament for people with Parkinson’s. We had an amazing time, and although we didn’t win the whole tournament we came 3rd overall, which considering it was the first time all 11 players had met and played together was a great achievement!

A You Tube video has been made documenting our journey and some of the challenges we all encounter on a day to day basis.

https://youtu.be/N9VsqZAfg5I

There are plans coming together for a UK 5-a-side tournament in the Midlands in April 2020. All are welcome, regardless of age/sex/ability.

Please follow us on twitter @ukyopd and get into contact with any questions

Best wishes
Nick

1 Like

Hey Nick, follow you and the rest of the UKYOPD team on twitter and it’s a brilliant opportunity for those interested or curious about playing footie to meet others with Parkinson’s. I plan to be there!!
The video is a inspiration to all of us, wish I had been there with you
Cheers Nick L

Hi Nick. Great to hear from you. We’re looking forward to meeting up with lots of people next year. Good to keep moving.

Best wishes
Nick

Morning Nick,

Bit late joining the covo, I play walking football with Colchester United down in Essex…I did post something a iittle while ago about setting up a National walking football cup…so looking forward to seeing how this takes off, let me know if there’s anything i can do to help.

Ta

Paul

Thanks for the message Paul, it would be great if you could get involved.

If you’re on facebook or twitter and search for the “Cure Parkinson’s Cup” then you should be able to find out some more information.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks mate,

Are you able to let me have your contact details?

Regards

Paul

Hi I’m new to the forum and just come across this.

I have actually been following your fortunes from a far because I am a Morecambe FC fan (rare I know) and Charlie Appleyard is our main club sponsor and he is always promoting your team. I even believe you came to train with Morecambe a couple of months ago.

Hi Phil,

Great to hear from you.

Absolutely, we had a great time training with Morecambe, the whole team and training staff were so welcoming.

Are you planning to get involved in the Cure parkinsons cup next April?

Nick

Hi guys
Looks like a great group of lads, living life to the fully.
I’m 49 fit ex football/ rugby player run most days.
Would love to get involved or just meet up for a kick about.
Have been playing walking rugby.
Living in chester.
Hope to hear from you soon
Tom :facepunch::+1::muscle::trophy::soccer: