Unable to concentrate for long!

Hello everybody, long time no post !!! Quick question, is it me or does anyone else have the ability to focus on one thing at a time ???

Up until a couple of months ago I could start a task and Finnish it, now I start a job/hobby then end up starting another job/hobby then before I know it I’m doing 10 different jobs/hobbies at once !!!

Angela xxx

1 Like

Describes me exactly!

Hi @Angela,:wave:

Nice to see you back on forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Based on what you’ve described, it sounds like you may have developed impulsive behaviour which could be a side affect to your medication. We have more information on impulsive behaviour on our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/impulsive-and-compulsive-behaviour. In addition to this, I’d advice you to speak to your GP or Parkinson’s nurse about your medication as they may need to review it.

I’m sure you’ll receive some helpful advice from our members shortly, however until then, if you’d like to speak to someone about this in more detail, you’re more than welcome to have a chat with one of our advisers. Feel free to give us a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Sounds familiar - I often get sidetracked during the day! I try to have a ‘to do’ list these days - just a simple post-it note with 2 or 3 things that I want to achieve and that helps me focus a bit!
Marigold

That and lost my mojo to do things

Hi Angela not long after i was diagnosed with PD I found that i could not concentrate while reading a book, i use to love reading. but can’t remember when i last read a book to the end. so now i put my music on and headphones and go into my own little world.

I just accept that’s how it is and don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world and I have always made my appointments which is the main thing. It all gets sorted at some point. I also find it is not helped by the fact that if I have something to do I have to start it now, even if not urgent, and will keep going to the end which can clash with the half done jobs. Fun this PD lark isn’t it, always throwing in a new curved ball to juggle with!

Hi Reah, thanks for that, sorry been away for a while … I’ve had my ropinerol reduced and it’s helped wonderfully xxxx

1 Like

Hi @Angela, :wave:t5:

I’m so happy to hear that you’ve seen improvements to your symptoms. :blush:

I hope it remains that way. :blue_heart:

Best wishes,
Reah