Uncontrollable tremors when stressed

Hello, I went for an appointment on friday, just awaiting to be seen and my whole body just started shaking and people where asking if I was alright, I do have a tremors in my hands usually, but this was all over my body, does anybody else have such extreme reactions to a little stress? thanks for any replies

2 Likes

@Just-a-old-guy I’ve had tremors when getting stressed mainly its my leg but sometimes hand

1 Like

Yes, my whole right side shakes uncontrollably when stressed or anxious it takes a while to settle down again.

1 Like

Yes I shake uncontrollably when I’m anxious. Puts me off making appointments with my gp. I also suffer with severe panic attacks

1 Like

Hi, @Just-a-old-guy and @1957 - A warm welcome to the forum to you both, and thank you for sharing your experiences.

Stress and anxiety can sometimes make Parkinson’s symptoms, including tremor, feel more noticeable. @Just-a-old-guy, as this whole-body shaking was different from your usual tremor, it would be worth mentioning it to your Parkinson’s nurse, specialist or GP so they can advise you.

@1957, I’m sorry to hear that anxiety and panic attacks are making appointments so difficult for you. Please do let your GP know how much this is affecting you, as they may be able to offer support and make appointments feel more manageable.

You’re both also very welcome to call our free, confidential helpline on 0808 800 0303 if you’d like information or support. Our trained experts and specialist nurses are on hand anytime between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 10am and 1pm on Saturdays.

All the best :blue_heart:

Parkinson’s UK Moderation Team

2 Likes

I’ve had parkinsons for 20yrs now, I’m 55yr old all ways confident still am with family, cocktail tablets also dbs but over the past yr start shaking around other people as my speech is getting worse currently having speech therapist which is working. I find it best to tell people from the start I have parkinsons and that works best for me or my wife explain to people so get it out there .

1 Like

I notice my husband’s hand shakes more when he is stressed, but not full body shake.

Hi @Wendy_Way thank you for sharing your husband’s experience with us. If stress is a trigger for his hand shaking, he might find these mindfulness tips for reducing stress and anxiety helpful: Mindfulness tools for Parkinson's | Parkinson's UK. We appreciate you reaching out :blue_heart:

The Parkinson’s UK Moderation Team

1 Like

Thank you so much to the moderation team for dropping these helpful resources and reminding us we aren’t alone in this.

It really is crazy how much stress and anxiety can crank up a tremor out of nowhere. Hearing from others going through the exact same thing makes a world of difference when a new or weird symptom pops up. Definitely taking this advice to heart and reaching out to my nurse—appreciate the support!

1 Like

Thanks for the great advice Candice, Already informed my GP that my symptoms seem to be accelerating.

1 Like

Hello Gus, 20 years! my God you was so young when you started with all this, I think I`ve had mine for years but just been in denial and ignored it, until this year when things went from bad to worse. yeah I tell people but not sure they understand what it is, thanks for your reply and take care of yourself.. :grinning_face: