Understanding from others

I’m 75 and was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago. My main symptoms are tremor of my left hand, arm and leg. Slowness of movement and things associated with this. I also have RA, which ive had for the best part of 40 years. Plus a number of other conditions…!
I’m an artist and do,find that my work and writing are affected. I don’t want to take drugs yet. Hardest part is the ignorance and lack,of real understanding of others.

Hi @Max4,

A warm welcome to the forum.

You’ve come to the right place for help and support and I’m sure you’ll hear from our members soon with their own personal experiences. Parkinson’s affects everyone which is why we have a lot of information on our website to help people at different stages with the condition. You can our website here which also has useful information about tremors - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/tremor.

Regarding your medication, have you spoken to your GP or Parkinson’s nurse? If not, I strongly recommend that you speak to them so that you can explore the best medication for you at this stage of your condition. For more information and support on medication, you can always give our free and confidential helpline a call and speak to one of our advisers.

Please give us a call on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

I understand what you say. In the early years Parkinsons is a hidden disability. Not even friends and family can understand sometimes as symptoms may not be that evident visually but they are to each individual in other ways.