Hi everyone, of all Parkinson’s symptoms this is the worse for me personally, the constant need to go is so disruptive, I take Mirabegron 50 Mg which worked great at first but slowly becoming less effective, when you have know where the next toilet is not fun, anyone know what helps or how they cope with this pain in the backside.
Hello @Just-a-old-guy unfortunately I think it’s part of the package.. when we go out for a trip somewhere we use an app on our phone that shows you were all the toilets are . ( Don’t forget the empty lemonade bottle !)
I know that’s not much help ,
Billy Connolly once said about waring waders and Welly boots … ! Emptying them most night !
you could tie a knot in it … Or a cork …big pants … Only joking …
Have a word with your local PD team , it’s a common event..
Also get a RADAR key for disabled toilets …
Hi, @Just-a-old-guy. I’m sorry to hear what you’re experiencing, but please know that this is a very common experience for people with Parkinson’s.
Hopefully some of our members can share what’s helped them manage the urgency and make things a little easier. As you’ve noticed the Mirabegron isn’t working as well as it did at first, it would definitely be worth having a chat with your GP or Parkinson’s team to see if they can help.
We’ve got some information about bladder and bowel changes in Parkinson’s here too, which might be useful.
I hope you find something to help soon! ![]()
Parkinson’s UK Moderation Team
Hi polo, yeah always plan ahead of time, toilet fixation is a wonderful Hobbie ![]()
Hello @Just-a-old-guy , I always make sure I have my Carer’s lanyard around my neck when I’m hanging around out so the ladies loo ..
Best to use if possible a disabled one , we both go it at once .
Just keeps on giving … Apparently it’s due to muscle weakness in the bladder. Again dopamine.