Ursodeoxycholic acid

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but regularly post on another. I saw a post a while back about research on ursodeoxycholic acid, a medication usually used to treat liver disease. Dr oliver bandmann is in the process of trying to get clinical trials started. It will take too long for me to go over everythjng, but Google "ursodiol parkinsons" and you will see a link to another forum. The thread has 30+ pages. A lot to read, but so worth it. Read from the beginning. Let me know what you think.

Hi,

You will find so much information on this topic, in fact 49 pages of it, on The National Parkinsons Foundation' s Forum under the title " Ursodiol, A Potential New Drug For PD "

Several PD sufferers who post on the above Forum are actually trying this easily available drug (TUDCA) , bought as a supplement without a prescription, and they have talked about its advantages.

However, it is best to discuss it with your doctor or neurologist first. Also,  try to read all 49 pages of the thread so that you can be well informed on the subject.

Good luck