Use of Opicapone

Can anybody out there explain to me why the medics are very keen for me not to increase my sinemet. But don’t explain the difference between that i.e. increasing my Sinemet and increasing the dopamine in my brain by slowing the breakdown of dopamine with drugs like Opicapone. Don’t they end in the same result? i.e. more dopamine in my brain?
They seem to worry that I will I get more dyskinesia if I take more sinemet. But I am getting more Dyskinesia with the Opicapone.
Thanks for reading

Hi @parkydad,

Welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum. :blush:

We have a lot of information on Sinemet on the Parkinson’s UK forum which you can find here, https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/levodopa, you may find the info on the page helpful in relation to your question.

Hopefully other forum members will soon share their experiences and thoughts with you, but it might be worth calling our free and confidential helpline to talk to our trained advisers or Parkinson’s nurses about your situation and find out what you can do next. You can reach us on 0808 800 0303 Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah