Use of Zopiclone?

Which option is least harmful?
A. Lack of sleep
B. Taking sleeping pills (Zopiclone) to get sleep.

Both options are potentially harmful it seems! Does anyone out there have any informed opinion on this please?

Moddyroll

Hi Moddyrol,

I’m sure you’ll get some useful advice from some of our members, but in the meantime, we have an entire sleep section on our website. It has a lot of information on medication for sleep problems as well as tips on on how to sleep better - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/sleep

To answer your question about sleeping pills, if you have any concerns, I’d recommend that you speak to your GP or Parkinson’s nurse. They’ll be able to offer you more advice on this or you could give our helpline a call for additional support. You can call them on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm, or you can email [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah

I’ve been taken zopiclone for 9yrs 7.5mg and I find them one of the most essential meds as i was wide awake due to Parkinson’s meds , I think every med has side affects some worse than others this goes part of the cause having to take tablets every day.

Many thanks Gus. Everything seems to be a bit of a gamble. Future unknown. I suppose you have to find what works for you and live for the moment but keep an informed eye open. Glad that it seems you are doing OK. Much appreciate your reply.

All the best.