Vascular Parkinsonism

Hi i'm new on here diagnosed in mid November

but have been off work since mid December originally

with something different but no work now as the licence has

gone (HGV) am left with B+E

Hello Hitch

Just seen your post.  Welcome to the forum.

I haven`t heard the term vascular parkinsonism but I wonder if it is the same as my OH.  He was originally diagnosed with Parkinson`s but his memory is now very poor so he`s had a brain scan and they can see some small vessel blockages.  The consultant said that the PD symptoms might be due to that and not PD at all.

He takes Sinemet for the PD which is some help and Reminyl for the memory also some help.  His symptoms have only progressed slowly over about 10 years so I hope you will do as well.

Best wishes

Hatknitter

Please see: forum/thread/69471

My wife has vascular Parkinsonism. Some of the same symptoms as Classical Parkinson's, but mainly mobility problems through leg freezing, balance problems and inability to negotiate. Frustratingly, there do not seem to be any helpful treatments. Other sufferers of this condition are expressing the same frustrations.

Best wishes

Brenter

Hi Brenter,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations. Our Helpline team are available on 0808 800 0303 and are happy to give you advice and support when needed.

Take care,

Edwina

Moderation Team.

Hi Hitch,

Have just seen your post

Vascular Parkinson's is a neglected area. I hoped the article and posts would encourage some others to enter the forum and talk about their experiences.

Please see: forum/thread/69471

My wife has vascular Parkinsonism. Some of the same symptoms as Classical Parkinson's, but mainly mobility problems through leg freezing, balance problems and inability to negotiate. Frustratingly, there do not seem to be any helpful treatments. Other sufferers of this condition are expressing the same frustrations.

Best wishes

Brenter