Vertigo

Anyone help with vertigo symptoms

I have had Meniers decease for a long while pre Parkinson’s. This has the similar symptoms - you can get medication to help ease the symptoms as well as sickness. I was told to cut salt down/out. I also found oranges made it worse - but it may not for you. Your GP can help you - I know how it is - when I have an attack I am sick for around 5 days hmmmmm.

thanks for your reply Eve I feel as though this feeling i have is not to do with the Parkinson’s. I am struggling with my walking as it is .Its a mere shuffle now so this is causing me grief.I feel the experts think I am in denial. But this is not natural i am sure. I have spoken to the parkinson nurse who assures me vertigo can be a part of the illness. But I get up in the morning and feel relatively normal I take all my meds and hen i have had breakfast i take the co careldopa and a bout an hour later I go downhill

Hi Cassie, it may be benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) where some of the crystals in the inner ear are out of position. I had it once and it made me dizzy & sick, it felt like my head was in a spin dryer. The doctor moved my head in a sequence of movements and told me to try not to move my head to either side for 24 hours which was very difficult but it worked thank goodness. Hope you get better soon