Vibrating plate exerciser

Hi
Diagnosed a year ago, keen to keep mobile, walk a lot but due to an illness 2 years ago I lost a lot of fitness and muscle mass. I don’t feel confident enough to join a gym or go to an exercise class, so I have been thinking of getting a vibrating plate machine.

Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer?

Thanks.

Is there no Parkinson’s exercise class near you? I go to one organised by the local PUK group, and the NHS, and it is brilliant.

Hi ssh I have a vibrating plate. It is a German make called a Galileo. I was supported in the use of it by a physiotherapist and it helped me with my core strength my posture and my gait. Any.form of exercise is good. The PD Warriors is a good programme of you can find one that is held by you, if not you will find some of the recommended movements on you tube.

Thanks. So did you see an improvement using the vibrating plate? Is it a good idea to get one?

I askèd my go for a referral to see a neurologist when he didn’t know what was wrong with me. Had to wait 7 months to be seen. Medication helped a lot. Was due to have a 6 month appt to see consultant for review but have had to wait 15 months for an appointment in June. Signed up for PD Warrior to start April but didn’t happen due to lockdown. Feeling a bit abandoned!

So I thought I would order a vibrating plate.

Nope. nothing.

Signed up for PD Warrior but cancelled due to lockdown

1 Like

There are PD warrior and other Parkinson’s exercise videos on YouTube.

HI
Welcome to the forum, Please do check out other parts of our website in terms of exercie, there is a lot of information about online classes that people can take part in during the current situation.If you require further help please contact our helpline on 0808 800 0303 - they are open Monday - Friday 9 am to 7 pm, Saturday 10 am to 2 pm (closed sunday and bank holidays). Or you can email us on [email protected].

Kind regards

Sue - Moderation Team