Vielight Neuro for Parkinsons!

Also in Wales Welshbear and very interested. Also investigating Hyperbaric Oxygen. My Husband is President of the Emlyn and Teifiside Support Group, are you local to us?

hello there im a Aberavon Beach born n bred here a proper shaky parkinsonian sand rabbit lol *winks"…hope you are as well as can be and keepin safe
Hugh aka Welshbearuk

Hi.
Just a comment about Hypobaric Oxygen. I too looked into this and started to use it for 4 sessions with no noticeable effect. (full course was about 20 sessions. I stopped after deciding the evidence was too thin and it might actually be doing more damage. I know there are some supporters of this (a professor ??? at some private Scottish clinic for one). Initially I thought more oxygen must be good but then thought about the process of how oxygen promotes rust and it is reactive oxygen species that can promote cell destruction in the brain. So possibly more oxygen could make things worse. I do not claim to be any kind of expert and have no medical background but thought it may be of interest why I ended up not continuing. My local group use an MS facility that has an oxygen chamber and I think I was the first PWP there to use it - no one else seems inspired to give it a try.

I have been using the Vielight Gamma & XS for about 4 months now. It looks a bit strange & I have not noticed any change but my wife says I look less grumpy (the Parkinson’s mask has maybe slipped a little?). So no harm seems to have come to me & possibly a little improved so I will carry on.
Gary

Hi welshbearuk ,
I’m interested in the Vielight Neuro and photobiomodulation of not just the brain but the whole body too.
I’ve done similar internet research into benefits in depression, anxiety, dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s too and most people knock these ideas as scams or that they don’t work.
There are over 400 clinical trials and papers that are written every month on the subject by leading people in the industry so there must be hope that it will at least ease some suffering. No-one is talking about a cure even in the Opioid world. A lot of the benefits of photobiomodulation seem to be when the frequencies, dose and time is set correctly.
In a sufferer in a home environment, they are looking for immediate effects as you would expect and most systems seem to be effective over over weeks and months.
With regards the cost of these systems, the body bed is more than £120,000, and beyond most people.
I have looked at the possibility of setting up a charity so that these could be provided at no cost to the sufferer. Obviously, I’m looking at a monitored service to help set up the system and ensure that the correct procedure is followed.
Any help or advice would be appreciated if you have any relevent input on the subject.

I followed the thinking in the ‘red lights blog’ tried to build my own device for £30 but could not get all the materials. I wanted. to address Mitochondrial failure. Settled for buying the Coronet with some added features for $650. Used it for 3 months, no clear benefit but I am simultaneously addressing Protein Misfolding, Free Radical Damage, and Inflammation. I am definitely healthier but this may be due to exercise. Simon is going to do a future blog on this treatment (currently on an Australia wide trial) on’ Science of Parkinsons.com’.