Visual field eye test

Hi

Does anybody else have problems with this test at the Opticians or hospital eye clinic? I am stressed enough when I go for these appointments and by the time I am seated to do this test the shakes have set in and I’m almost beyond caring as to whether i have actually clicked the button when I have seen the light!!
Unfortunately this had taken a further turn for the worst as DVLA have sent me to Specsavers for an eye exam ( to include this test) before they are prepared to reissue my 3 year driving licence?
Has anyone got any history on challenging this?
Many thanks

Hi @JuSu, :wave:

Welcome back to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I see you haven’t received a response from the community as yet so I just thought I’d chime in here. I’m so sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience your eye test at the Opticians. Our Parkinson’s advisers via our helpline service can help you with your situation regarding the DVLA including support on how to challenge their decision. Please give us a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Sorry I hadn’t seen this earlier. I used to have regular field tests ( glaucoma and cataracts) and then they stopped doing them. I asked why and they said the results went up and down like a yoyo, aand were completely unhelpful because my parkinsons was affecting the results.This was at specsavers

Thanks Mosie,
Latest update is that Specsavers have referred me back to DVLA as they can not do the test to get accurate results. Now awaiting to be told the next hoop they want me to jump through!
Licence was due for renewal July 2020!