Vivid dreams

I forgot to take my 7.30pm levodopa tablet so took it just before I went to bed at 11.30pm.

I had two very vivid dreams and was shouting out in my sleep.

Anyone else experience this when taking medication late at night or was it just a coincidence?

Would be interested to hear people’s comments.

Thanks.

Hi Margs i was prescribed sinemet to be taken at bedtime never again i had vivid dreams about someone stabbing me was so real now I don’t take sinemet at night no problem now

Hi interesting post, I have just had a review with PD nurse and explained how I havve been getting on, I have some very vivid dreams, they have felt very real. I have been on sinermet CR x 3 per day and asked him about wearing off, he has suggested adding another dose in around 2130 but am concerned this will enhance the vivid dreams, this med is what i started on just over two years ago, but wearing off I feel is obvious but am a little concerned about increasing, any comments welcome :smile:

Thanks for your replies. I will have to make sure I dont forget to take my 7.30pm tablet on time!

Interesting to hear you still have a review with your Parkinsons nurse I havnt seen mine since before covid.

I haven’t experienced exactly what you described, but I can relate to having vivid dreams at times. Sometimes, our medication routines can affect our sleep patterns and dream experiences. It’s possible that taking your levodopa tablet late in the evening influenced the intensity of your dreams. Dream interpretation can be a fascinating way to explore the subconscious mind and uncover hidden meanings behind our experiences.Have you ever explored color symbolism in your dreams? It’s a fascinating topic that might offer some insights. If you’re interested, you can check out https://meaningspiritual.com/color-symbolism.