Walk for Parkinson’s - Together, we can take strides towards finding a cure!

Hello everyone, :wave:t4:

Walk for Parkinson’s 2022 is back and a chance to enjoy some of the UK’s beautiful parks, sensational countryside and historic towns - all while funding vital research into the condition.

Between June and October, there are walks to suit different ages, abilities and fitness levels. Most routes are approximately 2 or 6 miles, with some accessible routes too.

Previously we have had Nordic walking groups come along, all part of an exercise programme to support movement and wellbeing for people with Parkinson’s.

Maybe if you are unable to join us, you could ask your family and friends to support the event. We are also looking for volunteers to help on the day, marshalling, at registration, photography and at cheer points.

To take part in Walk for Parkinson’s, visit: ww.parkinsons.org.uk/get-involved/walk-parkinsons

Thanks in advance! :blue_heart:

Love it! Raising awareness, funds, and getting us out for some exercise :slight_smile: I have really annoying foot dystonia, makes long walking difficult , start new medication tomorrow so fingers crossed it helps as if it does I’ll be doing as many of these as I can. Something worth mentioning is what getting out for exercise , if you can, really helps mental health which is a huge challenge with this disease. Thanks for sharing Reah :pray:

1 Like