Walton Centre, anyone experiencing delays?

A relative (82 yrs old) is being treated at the Walton Centre Liverpool, but has not seen or been contacted by anyone there since before lockdown. Wondered if anyone else having issues?
Family have had to take them to local A&E in the small hours on a couple of occasions, but when they try to ask questions regarding changes to their condition things happen like the Parkinson’s Nurse phoning once, leaving a message then never getting back. GP is pretty unresponsive only.
Understand the issues caused by C-19, but family are feeling cast adrift, given severity of some of the issues since Feb.
Someone recommended asking to be transferred to Southport Hospital (who use Walton Centre consultants) as they found they got referred to consultants in other fields (eg. ENT) quicker there?
Thanks

Hi @jayjay

Welcome to the forum, I am sure many will reply, however in the meantime may I suggest you contact our helpline on 0808 0800 0303 or email [email protected] as they will be able to put you in touch with your local adviser who in turn will be able to help you contact your nurse and/or offer some local experience.

I hope this helps

Regards

Sue - Moderation team

Hi Sue - thanks for the personal reply, we’ll do that. A difficult time at the moment for all of us as never sure what delays are Covid-19 related and which due to possibly some admin error etc.