We want to hear your experiences of virtual (video or telephone) health care appointments?

Have you had experience of a video or telephone appointment during the pandemic?

Hello everyone! :wave:

Since the start of the pandemic many health care services, including those for people with Parkinson’s, have been offering video or telephone appointments in place of a face-to-face appointment to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus. As face-to-face health care services restart virtual appointments remain in widespread use across the NHS.

We are interested to know what works and what does not work about virtual appointments. This is so we can help make sure that health care appointments are virtual or face-to-face work for people with Parkinson’s, and people are able to choose the type of appointment best suited to them.

We would like to hear about your experiences of these types of appointments through a short interview, 5-10 minutes. If you are interested in taking part please email [email protected] or call 020 7963 9349.

It’s been over a year since I had my last appointment so I chased them up to get an appointment only to be told I can’t get one till next year and that’s for a telephone appointment

Andy58Blackpool, that is disgraceful, my husband is still having regular appointments with his Neurologist and his Parkinsons nurse. Can you get in touch directly with your neurologists secretary and insist (politely of course) on an appointment soon and if they cannot fit you in go to your doctor and ask to be referred to a neurologist who can see you quickly. I also see a neurologist although not for parkinsons and I have been having phone consultations every two months during this covid-19 thing

Hi @Andy58Blackpool,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It’s truly a shame that you haven’t had an appointment with your neurologist in over year; I know with Covid-19, many people have their appointments cancelled. I would encourage you to give our helpline a call so that they can put you in contact with a Parkinson’s nurse and I’d also advise you to call you GP so that they can arrange a virtual appointment. Please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thank you for your reply
I have contacted my GP who chased up the Parkinson’s nurse
Today I received an appointment with her for 8th September
Andy

That’s great news, @Andy58Blackpool! I hope it all goes well. :slightly_smiling_face: