What do you desire?

With the new year comming along, i'd been thinking what do we desire in life??

I am at heart a angler, although i dont go as much as i used too, i still try and make a point of going, not just too fill in blank time, but too say too myself i still can, and i can achieve complicated rigs and knotts to battle this thing on my own terms,before my battery of energy runs out.

Whilst i'm sat there set up and ready for a fish too come along i like too observe my surrounding nature and what passes by in my little vista of the world, if i'm quick enough i'll try too take a photo or two, wobbley hands and tremor allowing lol.

I live by the sea, just a mile from it, our village overlooks the sea from a hill, over farmed marshland and in the distance the beach and beyond the sea, it is nice, quiet, and unspolit winter or summer, And all autumn it has been my goal in life too reach and stand apon it, but often i've got too the top of the hill and that's it, i dare not try too walk further, i may run out of energy at the bottom of the hill and unable too get back up it again.

And then one day after lunch before christmas, i thought dammit, i'll give it a try i have 4 hours till darkness, i set off with warm clothing, a phone and a torch lol, what used too take me 10 mins took me nrly 2 hr's, but i made it too the shore line, it was high tide and the sea was calm, i looked back in the opposite direction, and thought i'd done what my heart desire's too do today at least, i arrived home in darkness.

The next day i paid for it though, i awoke middle of the afternoon and hobbled about upstairs only for that day, but it was worth it.

So, for you, what do you desire too do??, beyond new yr's resolutions??.

To keep active and healthy enough to be coherent during the speeches at my daughters' and son's weddings. They're all over 21 so still a chance to do this. Great topic imho

I would like to be able to maintain a level of mobility which enables me to use public transport without fear.

On a practical level, I really want (and need) to be able to keep working. Thinking of things I enyoy ( enjoyed ) I want to be able to walk up a hill, used to love walking but now my unpredictable foot makes me reluctant to risk it - could be a long way to slide back. Still, I may give it a go.  K

GREAT TOPIC..........I LOVE TO DANCE AND DO AS MUCH AS I CAN, SO THAT IS WHAT I REALLY HOPE WILL CONTINUE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. BALLROOM, LATIN, SEQUENCE AND LINE, I FEEL ALIVE WHEN I AM ON THE FLOOR GIVING IT SOME WALLY TO SOME GREAT TUNES. IN FACT I HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM A 4 DAY BREAK AND LONG AFTER THE HORLICKS BRIGADE HAD POODLED OFF TO BED I FOUND MYSELF PARTYING THE NIGHT AWAY. BY THE WAY STONE COLD SOBER.....WHO NEEDS ALCOHOL?  ENJOY WHAT YOU CAN WHILST YOU CAN....AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL wink

LOVE DOLLY XX

I want to enjoy my retirement with my wonderful husband and best freind who has been so supportive since I was diagnosed and be able to enjoy time with my daughters and grandchildren .

Hello all, great question sea angler, great replies everybody.

I think I want to achieve two things. One is to get the timing of my retirement right from a very demanding, long-hours job so that I'm still fit enough to do all tohse things I'd mentally filed away to do "after I stop work": too soon and it won't feel right; too late and I won't get things done.

The soecond is to try to retain enough awareness of how I can behave to my o/h (which is not well when I'm under-medicated) so that I can control myself. I do think family carers are the most amazing people and I'm with meggie on wanting to enjoy spending time with mine - and not give them cause for not wanting to spend time with me.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think this through.

Semele

I have done at least one bucket-list physical challenge (NY Marathon, Etape du Tour, Swimathon...) at least every 5 years, my wish is to manage this to my dying day. Big ask I suspect. GLA.

Would be nice to  have a pain free year, but realisticaly that wont happen.

I desire this forum to be more user friendly, to have a chat room, to have the option to post photos, to have  a good selection of quality emoticons, to have a brighter, more welcoming forum than we currently have, to have forums that can only be read by members, to have increased security to prevent the persistent spamming.........etc etc

Hi Drewster

If you google "Nancyclist" you should find a lady of mature years in the USA  who climed Kilimanjaro last year and there are plenty more like that who are around  your age  whose names escape me for the moment..  Perhaps the  runners and cyclist who post5on this forum from time to time  will oblige with examples if they are not too busy doing their thing of course

.  .

My wife, I wish it was recippe, no recript,,! no no reciproKates Head, bu???r re, reciprocated ,thats  thw one , but first my health, if I won 200 000 000 on the EUROMILLS I would hand over the lot to the man or woman who would kill BLACKHEART PARKY.

FED