What effect does THC have

Hi All, Just joined the forum - I am 72 years old and was diagnosed with PD last year. I have had several pills but finally I am on Sinemet - I was also prescribed with Azilect but found it gave me bad headaches so i stopped using that (any comments) Regretfully i also have Atrial Fibralation so take meds for that as well. Recently I have started taking THC oil at bedtime. It may sound crazy but I think some days it seems to stop the shakes (which are quite mild at the moment) - other days I am not sure.
I suffer from muscle tightness in my legs and would like advice on what to do about that - I have started walking but find that sometimes this just causes more severe tiredness.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi @Widget,

Welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum. I’m sure you’ll hear from our members soon with their words of advise and encouragement, however in the interim, anyone can experience muscle cramps but they are more common in people with Parkinson’s. Unfortunately, there is no one way to get rid of your muscle cramps, but there are lots of things that can ease them - if you head over to our website, you’ll find a list of helpful tips to help you here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/muscle-cramps-and-dystonia.

We also have a team of friendly and knowledgeable advisers via our free helpline that are happy to help you with this so do give us a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager