I have recently been diagnosed and while I am still waiting on a few more test results, I am certain that they have the diagnosis right.
I decided to take the wife on a Baltic cruise with a bit of Paris afterwards next May. We did the cruise a few years ago and wanted to do it again. Just not so soon. I/we decided that we had better do while I can.
At the moment the only obvious signs are a tremor and some slurring of words.
I also feel like I am walking with a limp and the left arm is ‘sluggish’ which make eating a bit slow.
I know the rate of progression is difficult to estimate but I ‘think’ I will still be OK to play tourist in 12 months time.
Do I stay away from meds until after the trip or start now and hope that there are no side-effects to upset my plans?
Being from Australia, we will be a long way from home if things go wrong.
I hate the 30 hours travel time when fully healthy!
Travel insurance is also easier to get if you haven’t been changing meds over the preceding 6 months.